Nowadays, there are several smart ways to earn a living as an African. Techbooky shares insights about Uber Drive as a wealth inclusion — for the average population living in Africa with a low stream of income.
Uber has reportedly increased the benefits its offers to users on its app. The Uber app is a smart way to earn cash you can easily earn on the app without owning a vehicle. Uber’s transparency shows users’ stats from the first day they started driving including accepted numbers of rates they received.
Document type and Requirements.
Uber also requires transparency from users to keep up with a driver’s requirements. Uber does not restrict Drivers without commercial permits nor mandate owning a vehicle. Still, this requirement varies according to the geographical area.
• 21 years is Driver’s age minimum
• Have a valid driver’s license supported by your country eg, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, ivory coast, South Africa, etc
• Complete Uber safety screening.
• Watch Uber’s short training video.
Uber then orchestrates a physical assessment of the vehicle the driver is assigned.
• The vehicle must have four doors.
• The vehicle is air conditioning proof.
• The vehicle must have a working radio.
• Valid vehicle inspection report is attached while signing up.
Uber has reportedly tweaked the mobile app with another tab on the Privacy menu — it illustrates drivers’ performance per their rates. Driver’s can check rates they received on the Uber app via a few clicks:
• Go-to Driver’s Profile and click on Settings.
• Go-to Privacy and click on Privacy Center.
• Scroll through the Privacy Center
• Go-to Would you like to see a summary of how you use Uber tile.
• Go-to Browse your data section.
• Then click on View my ratings. The browse your data sections has the access to the Drivers’ analytics.
How To Gain More Uber Driver Ratings.
An average Driver on a ride-hailing platform is expected to be cautious about its social skills with passengers, per Techbooky. Recall Uber is liable to expel Drivers with low rates from serving via its network. Here are Techbooky’s suggestions to gain more rates asides from uber’s training.
• Be Ready.
Always remember the ride-hailing business mandates “time is money” — this obliges every Driver to arrive early to pick up passengers. A good Driver should be ready to start the trip — this encourages passengers to share Stars to boost your rates whenever Drivers catch up with the estimated time on arrival.
• Always Apply Courtesy.
Ride-hailers obliges courtesy from all participants of its social community. Uber Drivers and passengers are mandated to interact with optimism and respect to promote consumer comfort. Techbooky suggests Drivers treat their riders with courtesy — the same energy driver’s reserve for their vehicles.
• Knot the Seat Belt.
Passengers are liable to emulate the Driver with a buckled seat belt to ensure a safe trip. Per Uber’s policy, unbuckled passengers are likely to endanger lives — especially passengers in the back seat.
For context, Drivers are expected to encourage their passengers to always buckle up on board the vehicle.
• Vehicle Hygiene.
Passengers are likely to liter the vehicle while tripping to the destination. Driver’s should not wait for the passengers to clean the dirt they left behind. A clean ride attracts more passengers to board the vehicle.