The Nigerian digital world continues to expand whereby the Lagos state government adds another ride-sharing company to the list of African startups. The Lagos Ride ride-sharing service serves as another scheme to promote employment creation, motivated to improve the Nigerian populace’s standard of wealth.
Techbooky shares insights on how to Drive on Lagos Ride — the criteria for the application do not require literate education or professional certification. The state government also devised a means that enables drivers to own the vehicle per the Lagos Ride custom installment plan.
The Lagos Ride transportation solutions are built to assist the existing bus–sharing platform dubbed the BRT that ply limited routes. The governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu ordained this project to rival the private ride-hailers in the transportation sector.
Lagos Ride allows users to book a ride and enjoy a doorstep pickup without undergoing the irresistible Lagos traffic paired with queues.
The Lagos state government built the UI for Lagos Ride to be self-descriptive with easy registration methods. Lagos Ride Drivers can easily earn cash to retain vehicles per requirement fulfillment. Driver’s are mandated to get verified after registering, then complete the Drivers training endorsed by Lagos Ride policy.
Recall the Lagos Ride deployed a thousand vehicles for the Lagos Ride business — this means the Drivers’ slot is limited to a thousand available drivers. Drivers are required to pass the two categories of Lagos Ride Driver application — this process involves the “Pre-qualification and the Onboarding section.”
It is worth noting that a valid Driver’s license is mandatory to commence on the Drivers’ application. This page is available on the sign-up page whereby the user is expected to provide credible information.
1. Sign-up to Drive for Lagos Ride.
2. Pay verification fee (N17,000 non-refundable fee) to cover a list of the Drivers’ verification process, including:
• LASDRI ID verification.
• LASRAA ID verification.p
• NIN verification.
• Medical check.
• Security check.
• Driver’s License verification.
A valid Driver’s license leads users to the next stage where potential Drivers Onboard the Lagos Ride drill and gain their permission as certified Drivers.
• LASDRI ID tutorial and training.
• First aid training.
• Soft skill training.
• Lagos Ride Driver app training.
It is worth noting that Lagos Ride mandate Drivers to pay an advance of N1,845,500 to cover possible miscellaneous expenses, including:
• First aid kit.
• LASG E-Taxi license.
• The N1,845,500 is 20% off the actual price of the vehicle.
Voila! Lagos Ride Driver registration is done.
Lagos Ride developed strict policies to maintain orderliness accessing a ride-sharing service. As a Lagos Ride Driver, it is worth noting that;
• Assigned vehicles remain the property of Ibile Holdings until the Driver completes its installment plan.
• Vehicle title and ownership will be issued to the driver after complete payment is recorded.
• Lagos Ride sorts the insurance bill and maintenance bill.
• Drivers are mandated to comply with the Lagos Ride maintenance schedule. Penalties are attached for noncompliance.
• Drivers are mandated to sort a daily fee participating with the installment plan to own the vehicle. Drivers can customize their payment plan after two years of daily remittance.
• Lagos Ride only cover vehicle damages encountered during sanctioned service via the mobile app.
Lagos Ride is a financial inclusion committed to uplifting the Lagosian standard of wealth. Lagos Ride Drivers are advised to utilize the Mobile app maintenance module. Likewise, the Lagos Ride mobile app also request maintenance logs and complaint request for transparent operations, Techbooky writes.