Microsoft reported to end supporting the ancestral OS which denotes a mandate for Windows users running tasks on the eighth edition of the flagship OS system should bid for an upgrade to the next available OS system such as Windows 10 most preferably. It is very possible to upgrade the computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 without losing any files — that is how seamlessly and easily Microsoft insiders developed the software.
The in-app Media Creation Tool allows users to bid for the computer system upgrade meeting up with the Microsoft hardware requirements to balance the OS system condition after installation. Before proceeding with the upgrade sequence, it is optimal to uninstall third-party security software systems such as antivirus software and old third-party security apps that are likely to obstruct the Windows system upgrade.
Uninstalling third-party software/apps isn’t the only peripheral to look out for — disconnect other hardware including printer, phone, camera, external hard drive, and other USB devices to process a smooth software upgrade. These are minor factors that hinder a smooth Windows software upgrade. However, Microsoft built the Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 software with the System Image Backup tool to create a backup of the computer files.
Before we dive down to the steps Techbooky Africa has drafted to tutor a Windows system upgrade, let’s glance through the hardware requirements mandatory by Microsoft to install Windows 10. However, the hardware must meet the minimum system requirements, including;
- Processor: 1GHz or faster processor or SoC.
- RAM: 1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit.
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS and 20GB for 64-bit OS.
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Display: 1024×600.
It is worth noting that Microsoft has reportedly ended its support for downloading free Windows 10 OS which denotes that accessing the product key will be a slight hiccup. It’s possible to activate the tenth edition of Microsoft’s operating system with a Windows 8.1 product key — click here to access a product key
Upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10
Techbooky Africa has drafted steps for Windows 8.1 users to follow in upgrading their hardware to either Windows 10 or the latest Windows OS system. It is optimal to create a complete backup to pick up where a crashed upgrade system left off — follow these steps to ditch the Windows 8.1 OS.
- Launch the web browser and open the Microsoft website.
- Observe the contents on the screen, under the Create Windows 10 installation media section, and click the Download Now button.
- To launch the Windows 10 set-up wizard, double-click the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe.
- Observe the licensing agreement before clicking the Accept button.
- Click and select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the Keep personal files and apps option. The Windows system can alternatively allow users to click the Change What to Keep option to upgrade without preserving their files and software.
- Then click the Install button.