Visa’s tap-to-pay technology has finally arrived in Kenya, bringing with it a new era of payment convenience and security. With this technology, customers can simply tap their Visa card or mobile phone on a POS terminal to complete a transaction, without the need for a PIN or signature via the newly launched tap-to-pay technology.
This not only speeds up the payment process but also reduces the risk of fraud and theft. As more and more merchants adopt this technology in Kenya, it is disrupting innovation in the way payments are made in the country.
“It’s a payment system that allows individuals to conduct payments through their banking app by tapping their Near-Field Communication (NFC) enabled smartphones or wearables at any contactless-enabled payment terminal. The service is also more secure, as it uses Visa’s tokenisation ability to protect customer data.”
The Visa tap-to-pay technology is making transactions faster, easier, and safer for both Kenyan consumers and businesses. Kenya is moving away from the traditional cash-based economy towards a more innovative and modern system per this shift towards digital payment.
Visa’s tap-to-pay technology is set to change the future of payments in Kenya and is already being hailed as a major success.
The Kenyan population no longer has to carry cash or swipe cards. All they need to do is tap their Visa-enabled devices on the payment terminals, and the transactions are processed instantly.
Aside from being fast, the FinTech giant tap-to-pay technology products are more secure and more convenient for Kenyans. It has also reduced the risk of fraud and made it easier for businesses to accept payments.
Over the past few years, Kenya has undergone a significant shift towards digital payments. Visa has played a crucial role in this shift, enabling the transition from cash to card payments. This digital transition has brought about many benefits to consumers and businesses alike, including increased convenience, improved security, and greater financial inclusion. In this article,
5 significant impact of Visa’s Tap-to-Pay technology.
The Tap-to-Pay feature is now widely accepted in Kenya, and more people are embracing it every day. Visa’s innovation has indeed revolutionized the payment industry in Kenya.
We’ll take a closer look at the reasonable significance behind Kenya’s transition towards digital payments and how Visa has helped to facilitate this transition.
1. Convenience: With Visa’s Tap-to-Pay technology, Kenyan consumers and businesses no longer have to worry about carrying cash or finding change. Transactions can be completed quickly and easily with just a tap of a card or mobile device.
2. Security: Tap-to-Pay technology provides an added layer of security for consumers and businesses, as it reduces the risk of fraud and theft associated with traditional payment methods. Transactions are encrypted and tokenized, which means that sensitive information is not stored on the device or card.
3. Increased Sales: By offering Tap-to-Pay as a payment option, Kenyan businesses can increase their sales and attract more customers. With the convenience and security of this technology, consumers are more likely to make purchases, which can help businesses grow and thrive.
4. Better Data Management: Tap-to-Pay transactions are recorded electronically, which makes it easier for businesses to manage their data and analyze their sales. This can help businesses make informed decisions about their operations and marketing strategies.
5. Future–Proof: With Tap-to-Pay technology, Kenyan consumers and businesses are prepared for the future of payments. As digital payments become more prevalent, those who adopt this technology early on will be ahead of the curve and better equipped to handle the changing landscape.
The Tap-to-Pay technology allows customers to make payments by simply tapping their Visa card on a payment terminal instead of swiping or inserting their card. With this technology, customers no longer have to worry about carrying cash or waiting in long lines to make payments.
With just a simple tap of your Visa card, you can pay for your purchases without having to swipe, insert, or enter a PIN. This means that making payments will be faster, easier, and more secure than ever before.